We believe that investing in people is a way to make this world a better place and we believe in the power of art to express imaginative ideas, create positive change, and bring joy to our lives.
This is the reason why, We promoted art competition that aims to expand opportunities for artists at home and abroad by stimulating opportunities, challenges, and motivation for young artists engaged in art.
From the past to the present, the battle of heroes to protect human life, dignity, and freedom continued.
The 5th SMYH Foundation Awards hosts hero-themed art contests to not forget their noble sacrifice spirit.
Entry is by online submission through this website and the deadline for entry is 15 August 2020.
All entrants are asked to ensure they have read all Rules and Guidelines before entering.
WHO CAN ENTER
- All students based
- Under the age of 18 on the 1st January 2020
- Online register and submission only
- Artists may enter up to 2 works.
- Entries can be any medium – painting, sculpture.
- There is no size restriction on the work submitted.
Entry Fee is $20 per work.
- EUGENE Award: $1,000 awarded to three artists.
- MOKAH Prize: MOKAH Prize’ recognizes and supports the talents of artists of 17 years of age and under. The winner/s will be invited to participate in a two-week group exhibition at the MUSEUM of Korean American Association of Greater New York in 2020, including a private view and social media support.
- K&P Gallery Exhibition Prize: up to 10 artists, including 3 EUGENE Award winners, will be selected to take part in an exhibition in 2020 at the K&P Gallery in the Chelsea of Manhattan.
- Next Generation Art Prize: GROUND C’s ‘Next Generation Art Prize’ recognizes and supports the talents of artists of 17 years of age and under. $500 awarded to three artists. The winner/s will be invited to participate in a four-week group exhibition at the gallery in 2020.
- The Da Vinci Prize: DV1618 metals will be awarded to two recipients; Gold and Silver. The gold medalist will be given an opportunity to collaborate and commercialize their Artwork into a product.
Helen A. Cunning
north regional president and chief development officer of the Hackensack Meridian Health Foundation
Maria Elena Paganini
Founder of Paganini art gallery
Conservatorio Santa Cecilia Roma
Jae Sik Lim
Art Director of Grupo Vocal Millennium
President of The Museum of Korean American Heritage